Strength and Conditioning Coach/Personal Trainer Vacancy
Posted on May 30th, 2018
Vector Health is advertising for a casual Strength and Conditioning Coach or Personal Trainer with an interest in athlete development to apply for our Performance Coach position at Vector Health & Performance. Established for over 9 years, Vector Health and Performance has been the choice of more than 2500 clients, from Australian Representative Athletes to our Seniors Health Class, Stronger for Longer.
We love what we do, and we want you to come and live our mission and values with us to help more people in Central Queensland with their performance.
“No matter how we grow, we will offer unrivalled care to every person we meet, everyday.”
Can you live this mission as a coach?
At Vector Health and Performance (VHAP) we live through our mission and our values, and we are looking for someone who can help be the front line of communication and help with our social media, website and who can communicate verbally and write to a high standard.
You will get to work with our fantastic Front Desk Manager, Kate, who demonstrates our values everyday when interacting with people and she will help you learn the VHAP way of helping people.
- Positive Attitude
Some critical attributes that you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a wide variety of clients.
- Willingness and ability to stand up in front of a group, or in a room and command that room. Being outgoing and confident around people is a massive advantage in this job.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a diverse team environment.
- Willingness to accept feedback
- Staying positive and upbeat under pressure
Technical – Coaching Skill
- Demonstrated ability to perform and coach basic movement skills
- Level 1 Strength and Conditioning Coach as a baseline qualification is essential
- Actively demonstrate an ability to convey a non-judgemental, positive attitude towards a wide variety of clients.
- Actively demonstrate excellence or a desire to be excellent in teaching, coaching, training, programming, assessment and testing of clients
- Actively demonstrate a results-based philosophy to your coaching
- Demonstrate empathy especially towards injured and ill athletes and be proficient in understanding when to refer to an allied health professional or medical professional.
Time Management Skills
- Show initiative when prioritising tasks at work
- Demonstrated experience in achieving tasks and projects on time
- Gets tasks done when you say you will
- Email email@example.com the following:
- Resume that is up to date.
- Covering letter addressing the following key questions:
- What is your coaching, training, teaching experience?
- Why do you want to work at Vector Health & Performance?
- How will you live our mission and values in your work as a performance coach.
- Minimum Level 1 Strength and Conditioning Coaching Course ASCA
- Certificate IV Fitness
- Bachelor degree or on way to completion in exercise and sports science
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Current drivers licence
- Personal Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance
- Registration with ASCA, Fitness Australia or ESSA that is current.
- This job involves hours starting anywhere from 5am finishing up to 8pm. We are flexible on availability, however your availability and work availability will depend on how much work you get especially initially.
- You must have at least a Level 1 SC course before applying and coaching experience.
- This is a part time role, not a full-time role. However if interested in a full-time role, please state this on application and it will definitely be considered if you are successful throughout our recruitment process.