Posted on October 13th, 2017
Job Vacancy at Vector Health and Performance
Physiotherapist (Graduates encouraged to apply)
Who We Are
Vector Health was established in 2010 by Glenn Hansen. Since this time, we have moved into our own purpose-built facility, in a great location in Rockhampton, with consulting rooms and a fully equipped gymnasium. As a team, we value a non-judgemental culture whilst still being results-based, excellent at what we do, always having a positive attitude and especially working in a synergistic partnership with everyone within and around Vector Health to provide world-class patient and client care.
We have Physiotherapy, Clinical Exercise Physiology, Performance Coaches (Strength and Conditioning and Personal Training) and Diabetes Education within our team.
We are looking for an “A” player Physiotherapist, who is passionate and enthusiastic about helping your patients, no matter who they are. You must be an excellent team player and know how to produce results or have the desire to improve your clinical practice and engage in feedback and mentoring. You must be able to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative in solving problems. This position is open to recent graduates.
Our business is built on the purpose of “never stopping inspiring others” and this to us means your positive, always can-do attitude when faced with problems, especially unique presentations of patients means you always put the patient front and centre when deciding on your treatment and never being afraid to talk with the team about your treatment approaches and the giving and taking of feedback to improve everyone’s ability to live our purpose.
What You’ll Own
- A range of patients, with a wide range of musculoskeletal disorders and injuries. Provide evidence-based physiotherapy treatment with a particular emphasis on patient-centred therapy.
- Providing Physiotherapy to Organisations, Manual Handling Training, potentially learning how to perform Physical Demand Analyses, Suitable Duties Programs and Return to Work Assessments.
- Providing Physiotherapy to athletes, individually and in a team-setting either in-clinic or in-field.
We try to provide to our clinicians variety of caseload, experience and especially the patient types. In our experience, this keeps you fresh, and motivated. We do not care who you treat, you just have to own and live our values with each patient.
- Building and maintaining relationships with your referrers (doctors, surgeons, other allied health practitioners, coaches and organisations).
- Communicating treatment plans and outcomes to your referrers is seen to be important, to help foster our relationships with our key stakeholders.
You are not expected to be amazing when you come to Vector Health. But, you must be willing to open your mind, and listen, learn and offer your insights to help you learn and then everyone around you. You must love helping people and demonstrate enthusiasm, integrity and initiative. Everyone has something to offer that is unique and we value everyone’s contribution no matter what role you play in our team.
What You’ve Got to Have
You MUST have a passion for making a difference to people’s health, fitness and performance. You must be able to influence people and offer them an amazing experience whilst treating them. This means your verbal communication skills must be excellent.
You MUST be:
- registered as a Physiotherapist and be able to work unsupervised in Australia.
You MUST have the following:
- Drivers License current in Queensland
- Criminal History Check
- First Aid Certificate with current CPR prior to starting
Your work experience should be within a musculoskeletal setting and we would prefer between 3-20 months worth of work experience prior to working at Vector Health.
You MUST be passionate about learning, about influencing your clients and about health and fitness in general.
Status: Full or Permanent Part-time offered
Salary: from $60,000 depending on experience and your demonstrated clinical practice abilities. There is opportunity for business ownership for the right candidate.
To apply: Please email a resume and covering letter providing an introduction about who you are, why you love physiotherapy as a career and why you want to work at Vector Health and Performance. We contact all applicants to discuss our recruitment process.
PHONE: 07 4927 8190
CONTACT PERSON: Miche Hansen, Senior Physiotherapist or Glenn Hansen, Director Coaching
Information about Rockhampton:
Short Video – Mad Dog Productions